Monday 10 December 2012

Advent Calendar. Day 7. All wrapped up.

"I love the Christmas-tide and yet,
I notice this, each year I live;
I always like the gifts I get,
But how I love the gifts I give!"
~ Carolyn Wells ~

All Wrapped Up with ribbons and bows,
Whats inside nobody knows,
Beautiful symmetry, smooth and defined,
'Merry Christmas,' carefully signed.

Give it a shake, a rattle, a smell,
Looking for clues so you can tell,
What is inside this beautiful box,
Could it be perfume? Chocolate or socks!!

The heart of this gift will become clear,
Its given with love from those you hold dear,
The gift of friendship and a hand to guide,
Take off your wrapping and see whats inside.

Jackie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...