Sunday 14 August 2011

Life is good.

It has been nearly 4 weeks since my last post and life is good.  :) 
My relationship with food has changed dramatically as has the relationship with myself.
I feel proud with what I have achieved both emotionally and in my every day life.
I no longer take any medication, except for osteoporosis.  It was a difficult time withdrawing from the Anti-depressants, periods of sadness, anxiety and physical symptoms.  At the time all of these were easy to use as an excuse for not eating, and yes on occasions this happened, but I stayed positive, focused on how far I had come and challenged my thoughts and motives.
I do not know how much I weigh and am OK with that.  I may grumble about my stomach on occasions but generally I like my body....and I like even more whats inside it.  My husband like it even more  :)

I have learned a lot over this period in my life..
  • being thinner does not make me a better person.
  • An eating disorder will initially make things seem better but in the long run it affects your way of thinking and ultimately lies to you.
  • regular eating WILL stop you bingeing.
  • Relapse does not mean failure.
  • Giving up is not an option.
  • Asking for help does not make you weak.
  • friends and family will be there for you but there is a limit to how much they can take...they are hurting too.
  • Life is too precious to mess up.
Much love to you all, stay healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...