Sunday 3 April 2011

My A to Z For Elaine, the letter H

Heron.  My maiden name, My Dads name, my Mums married name.
Herons are medium to large sized birds with long legs and necks!!  Ok I will go along with the long legs but that is where the similarity ends!!  I always had problems with the pronunciation of my surname due to being tongue tyed, hence why I didnt go back to my maiden name after my divorce.  Its spelt H E R O N!!!! How many times do I have to repeat it?  Visitors to our home were greeted with a beautiful stained glass heron displayed on the front.  Now I am proud to be a Heron.

Hope.  I live in hope.  Hope that I can be happy with myself, content with who I am inside and out, hope that my summer holiday will not be tainted with worry and anxiety over meals out, hope that i can complete the sponsored walk I have organised and hope that I can begin to live again,

Hate.  my Mother always said 'hate is a strong word,' and for once I agree with her.  I don't think I have ever really hated anyone, yes I have had a strong dislike for a few people, their actions, the things they have done to others or how they have made me feel, but probably not hate.

Horny.  just don't give me strawberries......

Hustler.  My old comprehensive school.  I do not have many happy memories of my school days, I kept out of trouble, knuckled down to my school work and just got on with things.  I was bullied terribly but didn't speak up.  As a child when things happen you accept it as the norm...I do not feel any anger towards anyone I went to school with as you never know what there life was like.
I am happy to say I have recently regained contact with some people from school and we have become good friends.  I couldn't have asked for a more supportive group of people even considering the hundreds of miles between us.

Heights!!!  One of my greatest fears, along with flying.  I hate going up ladders, walking over bridges especially when you can see the water beneath your feet.
As a child I can remember going to the top of York Minister and crawling around on my hands and knees just to make me nearer to the ground. 

Holidays.  I used to hate holidays, the change in routine would throw me into chaos.  Now I live for them.
July cannot come around quick enough when we jet off to Turkey for 2 weeks (with Valium for the flight of course)

History.  I wish I had taken more notice during lessons at school.  There is so much that I don't know about and am ashamed to say makes me feel so ignorant...time to get reading I think.

Home.  So glad to be back with my family and friends.  Back to the routines however mundane they are my mundane routines and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Help. Sometimes I should accept it......

letter I tomorrow, night all. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...