Sunday 13 February 2011

What a brilliant weekend.

There is nothing more fulfilling than seeing the smiles on the faces of those you love, and that is what I did on Saturday.
After months of my friend Debbie planning and plotting, her Husband Glyns surprise 50th birthday party went off without a hitch.  The day was spent with Deb going back and forth to shops, friends houses, the pub!!!  I was her excuse and needed to go shopping at least twice that day...
Poor Pete had taken Glyn out for the day kayaking and had to come up with random excuses to keep him on the river for several hours.  I bet it was more than their heads that were aching this morning.
The function room at the pub was filled with Glyns friends and  family that had travelled miles that day and had been hidden in various hotels and guesthouses around the area. 
It was an absolute pleasure to see his face when he saw his Mum, Son, Nephews and nieces.  You can't buy that feeling.
 Really made me think about my Family and that I do not see enough of them. Puts a lot of things into perspective about what is important in life......
Happy Birthday Glyn, it was a pleasure to be part of it. xxx
A small foot note....there was a buffet, I had eaten sensibly during the day and resisted any urges to eat the whole table, although I did find eating popping candy alongside strawberry cider quite an enlightening experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...