Thursday 30 December 2010

what a difference a year makes....

Look back 12 months ago and where was I?  I had not long come back from a holiday in Egypt with my husband and friends, spent a great Christmas with the same people and was looking forward to meeting up with some old school friends at my reunion.  If anyone had told me that I would spend a large part of 2010 restricting my diet, obsessing over how I looked, lying to those I love and putting myself through such physical and emotional pain I would have laughed in their face.  But unfortunately this is what happened, and what a waste.  I can never get that time back but I can make a damn better job of the next 12 months.
I have made a video of photos taken over events in the past year, most taken when I was happy and content with myself but others tell a different story. You wont be able to see the pain behind my eyes but I felt it.
For me 2011 will be a year of moving on and not looking back.
I wish for myself for the year ahead, the same as I wish for all those close to me.  Health and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...