Friday 26 November 2010

5 things to do with Fresubin 2 kal

As suggested by my dietician I have Fresubin 2 kal on a daily basis, I have so many of the damn bottles I swear they are reproducing in my kitchen.  Was quite amusing when I picked up the prescription from my GP as he had written a script for one bottle.  When I queried this he replied,'The bottle is 200ml, take 1 ml at a time and I suggest you try and make the bottle last a month!,'  Thankfully he was joking, smiled and changed it to 58.
For those of you who have had the pleasure of this delightful drink, or others similar you will know they come in a variety of delicious flavours, are made with UHT milk and leave you with a delectable chalky after taste!!
My local pharmacy arranged an order for vanilla and forest fruits...yum yum, bring it on.

So...today's blog is 5 things to do with Fresubin 2 kal (to make them taste better)
I do not endorse this as medical advice!!

1. Add coconut cream to vanilla flavour, measure of rum and crushed ice.  Decorate with parasol and sparkler.  Hey presto...medicinal Pina Colada.  For added impact sit with feet in washing up bowl, put on swimsuit and shades and think back to those wonderful beach holidays.

2.  Take one vanilla fresubin, put in blender and add 1 teaspoon of instant coffee granules, 1 teaspoon almond extract, 1 cup of whipping cream, half a can of sweetened can of condensed milk and a cup of Irish whiskey. Blend together for approx 30 secs.  Store in fridge in a sealed bottle.  You now have Baileys Irish cream.

3. Add to a blender one bottle of vanilla fresubin, 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream and one banana.  blend until smooth. A scrummy banana smoothie.  Delicious....

4. Using fruits of the forest Fresubin, as banana smoothie but add strawberries, blueberries, raspberries. Lots of super fruits.

5. Mix one fruits of the forest Fresubin with one fruit yoghurt and one banana.  Serve in a tall glass, decorate with cream and edible glitter.

Alternatively, insert straw into top, suck slowly, mindfully and remember why you need to drink them. Because you are worth it, you are beautiful, you want to be healthy and you need the nutrients. wish me luck....think I may need it. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eating disorders awareness week 2019

I didn't just wake up one day and decide not to eat. It started with difficulties at work. I wasn't coping, was crippled with anxie...